Carpet is not just giving us a foot comfort. Whether for residential or commercial use, carpet can be beneficial and still valuable even 20 years from now.
The following are 10 benefits of carpeting your home.
1. For Appearance — Carpeting adds to the décor by using color, patterns, and pile heights. The carpeting can create the image you want in your home.
2. Style — With the hundreds of patterns, cuts, and colors, there are literally thousands of possibilities to “fulfill” the style statement of your interior.
3. Insulation — Carpet can help save energy as it is an important contributor to the insulation of the indoor environment. Carpet insulates floors as it provides a psychological feeling of warmth.
4. Feel — Carpet feels good, soft, and easier on the feet. It also gives a “softer” feel to the home.
5. Acoustics — Several studies find that carpets absorb sound and carpets with padding further enhance this ability.
6. Safety — Slip-and-fall accidents occur on hard surface floors, not carpeted floors.
7. Cost savings — Carpet usually costs less over time than hard surface flooring to purchase, clean, and maintain.
8. Health — Carpet traps allergens, dust, and other contaminants, holding them until they can be properly removed.
9. Easier to maintain — Carpeting is less labor intensive to clean and maintain than hard surface flooring and, because of this and as mentioned, can cost less to maintain, as well.
10. Sustainable — New technologies have been introduced allowing the old carpet to be recycled into new carpet or other products.
If you are looking for carpet design, scroll down the following pictures that will inspire you to have one in your interior!