Sponsored Links

These are Some of the Answers to Your Basic Saudi Labor Questions

1. Can I get the number of the Ministry of Labor?

Contact the ministry’s customer service center number:

19911 and you can find all the information on the

ministry’s website, www.mol.gov.sa.

Customer Service Department Twitter Account


2. How do I submit a complaint to one of the offices of the work?

To submit a complaint to one of the offices of the work, please go to the Office of the defendant and the complaint or through the contact center.


3. What are the documents required to file a complaint with the labor offices?

The customer number that highlights the civil registry number and established, in addition to personal phone number

4. What Can I Do to Resolve did not respond to the complaint by the Office work?

The customer to follow up the issue with the Office of the complaints in the Ministry of Labor, through the Center for Communication or to attend personally to the ministry and to highlight No. complaint to ensure their validity and follow-up through the Ministry of Labor and then call the Customer to benefit


5. What are the documents required to follow up on the complaint with the Ministry of Labor?

To follow up on the complaint, the customer give No. civil registry, No. established, telephone number, facsimile number and complaint at the labor office

6. How do I make a complaint about one of the staff members in the labor offices?

The customer to go to the office who work in which the employee, and direct the complaint to the Director, where follow-up to the complaint and advise the customer

7. If it is to benefit from direct before the Director in the office work, how can I follow up on the complaint?

The client then go to the Ministry of Labor, and written testimony concerning the problem that has occurred, in addition to the adoption of health information, attached full submissions.

8. What is the type of complaints, which could be provided by the staff member to the employer?

The types of complaints:

o Delay of salaries (3 months and more)

o Assigned to different work on the nature of the work agreed upon in the contract signed between the two parties

o Abuse

o Lack of employee housing

o Contrary to one of the conditions

9. What is official number of hours of work

CLICK here or the image to learn more about working hours

Work permits

o Non-Saudi nationals are not permitted to perform any work unless obtaining a work permit from the Ministry according to the form prepared for this cause.

o The employer is not permitted to employ workers in an occupation other than the occupation provided in the employee’s work permit. Similarly, the employee is prohibited from performing any work different from his occupation, before taking the required legal actions and procedures for changing an occupation.

Requirements for obtaining work permits

o The worker has entered Saudi Arabia legally and authorized to work.

o The worker must have the educational and occupational qualifications required by the country, where no Saudi national has obtained such qualification, or the numbers of qualified Saudi individuals are not sufficient, or the worker is considered within the regular worker needed by the country.

o The worker has contracted with the employer and is under his responsibility.

The employment contract and its’ term

The employment contract of a non-Saudi national must be written and for a definite term. If the contract does not specify the term, the expiration date of the work permit is considered the expiration date of the contract.

The costs of employing expatriates are as follows:

1. The employer is responsible for the cost of recruiting new employees and expatriates into the country, the cost of residency and work permit (iqama), the cost of its’ renewal, fines for late renewals, the cost of changing occupation, exit and returns, and the cost of return tickets for employees after the termination of their contractual relationship.

2. The employee is responsible for the cost of return tickets if he is not qualified to work, or if he wishes to return for no specific reason.

3. The employer is responsible for transfer expenses if the employee wishes to transfer his sponsorship to the employer.

Text and Graphics Source: Saudi Labor


Add Comment