(Be a certified skilled worker with TESDA)
We Filipinos are known to be a versatile worker in different kinds of work in various countries around the world.
The Philippines is not just producers of professional jobs abroad but also produces blue-collar jobs that received a good pay abroad.
(Vocational courses ng TESDA, makatutulong upang makahanap ng trabaho ang mga Pilipino)
Examples of these jobs are dairy and farm or agricultural workers who are in demand in Japan and New Zealand.
Construction works such as plumbing and carpentry are in demand in the Middle East while bartenders, waiters and waitresses, barrista and many other are in demand particularly in Dubai.
Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and other western countries are also in need of caregivers and nursing aides.
And the good news, the above-mentioned jobs are now available in TESDA. So if you are confused what kind for TESDA courses to take up, the following are TESDA courses that are in demand in abroad
- Agricultural Crops Production NC I, NCII and NCIII
- Automotive servicing NC I, NC II, NC III, and NC IV
- Barbering NC II
- Bartending NC II, and Barista NC II
- Beauty Care NC II, and NC III
- Bread and pastry Production NC II
- Caregiving NC II
- Carpentry NC II and NC III
- CNC Lathe Machine Operation NC II and NC III
- Construction Lift Passenger Material Elevator Operation NC II
- Food and beverage services NC II, NC III, and NC IV
- Food processing NC I, NC II, NC III, NC IV
- Gas Metal Arc Welding NC I, NC II, and NC III
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding NC II, and NC IV
- Gas Welding NC I, and NC II
- Hairdressing NC II, and NC III
- Health Care Services NC II
- Housekeeping NC II, NC III, and NC IV
- Jewelry Making (Fine Jewelry) NC II, and NC III
- Machining NC I, NC II, and NC III
- Pattern Making NC II
- Pipe Fitting NC II
- Plant Maintenance NC I
- Plastic Machine Operation NC II, and NC III
- Plumbing NC I, NC II, and NC III
- Press Machine Operation NC I
- Process Inspection NC II, and NC III
- PV System Design NC III, Servicing NC III, Installation NC II
- Slaughtering Operations NC II
- Refrigeration and Airconditioning Servicing NC
- Tower Crane NC II
(Watch:Tatak TESDA: Dating mekaniko, manager na ngayon ng talyer sa tulong ng TESDA program)
On the other hand, the TESDA announces its Top 10 In-demand vocational courses and training in 2016.
TESDA Director-General Guiling Mamondiong said these in-demand skills are in construction, information and communications technology, tourism, agri-fisheries, and health and wellness industries.
Based on TESDA’s records, these were the most popular courses in 2016:
1. Shielded metal arc welding (course II) – 52,650 enrollees
2. Cookery – 51,083 enrollees
3. Food and beverage service – 50,646 enrollees
4. Bread and pastry production – 47,728 enrollees
5. Housekeeping – 43,993 enrollees
6. Electrical installation and maintenance – 35,824 enrollees
7. shielded metal arc welding (course I) – 27,839
8. Computer systems servicing – 24,468 enrollees
9. Bookkeeping – 23,569 enrollees
10. Contact center services – 23,228 enrollees