(Watch: Ano ang DILEEP?)
From P10,000, you can now avail up to P20,000 assistance in Kabuhayan Package of Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) under the Integrated Livelihood and Emergency Employment Program (DILEEP).
DOLE Chief Silvestre Bello III said the increase aims to help vulnerable and marginalized workers, and contribute to poverty alleviation.
What is DILEEP?
It is a contribution of DOLE to the agenda of the government on inclusive growth through massive job generation and substantial poverty reduction and reduces vulnerability to the risk of the poor, vulnerable and marginalized workers.
It is implemented either through Direct Administration by the DOLE or through and Accredited Co-Partner (ACP)
Who are the Co-Partners?
1. People’s Organization
2. Worker’s Association
3. Unions or Federations
4. State Universities/Colleges/Higher Educational Institutions/National technical-vocational schools
5. Local Government Units
7. National government agencies
Livelihood or “Kabuhayan Program” is one of two programs under DILEEP.
Kabuhayan program is a grant assistance for capacity-building on livelihood for the poor, vulnerable and marginalized workers. Under the new and revised guidelines, individual beneficiaries can now avail Starter Kit or Negosyo sa Kariton (Nego-Kart), up to a maximum financial assistance of P20,000 depending on the project requirement under the Livelihood or KABUHAYAN Program.
Four Components of Kabuhayan Program
- Kabuhayan Formation – enabling the unemployed poor, seasonal and low-waged workers to start individual livelihood or collective enterprise undertakings. Individual projects shall have a maximum project cost of P10,000 depending on the project requirements.
- Kabuhayan Enhancement – enabling existing livelihood undertakings to grow into a viable and sustainable business that provide income at least at par with those of the minimum wage earners.Individual projects shall have a maximum project cost of P15,000 depending on the project requirements
- Kabuhayan Restoration – enabling the re-establishment of lost or damage livelihood due to disaster. Individual projects shall have a maximum project cost of P10,000 depending on the project requirements.
- Community/Group Enterprise Development – Enabling existing livelihood projects of groups beneficiaries to be transformed into community enterprises. An important consideration is that the community has access to adequate, if not abundant, source of raw materials, and has existing skills necessary for its products or services, as well as access to local and or international markets
|(DOLE Starter Kits for livelihood of indigents distributed earlier to terminal vendors in Tacurong City)|
Who are the priority beneficiaries of the Kabuhayan Program?
- Self-employed workers with insufficient income
- Marginalized and landless farmers
- Unpaid Family Workers
- Parents of Child Laborers
- Low-wage and seasonal workers
- Workers displaced by or to be displaced as a result of natural or man-made disasters
What are the packages of assistance beneficiaries may avail from the Kabuhayan Program?
- Working or start-up capital solely for the purchase of raw materials, equipment, tools and jigs, and other support services necessary for setting up the business or enterprise
- Training on how to plan, set-up start and operate their livelihood undertakings, such as training on production skills with entrepreneurship and business management for individual projects and training on Business Planning and Management, and Production Skills for community/group projects
- Social Security through enrolment in the SSS or Philhealth or micro-insurance for the first three months, included in the total project cost
- Continuing technical and business advisory services to ensure efficiency, productivity, and sustainability of the business/enterprise.
Aside from individuals, the livelihood program can also be availed by the organizations based on their categorization into micro, small or medium livelihood.
- Up to 1 million can be availed of group livelihood projects for Medium Livelihood with more than 50 members
- P500,000 fro Small Livelihood with 26-50 members
- P250,000 for 15-25 members, depending on the project requirements.
|(Negosyo sa Kariton Project of DOLE in Catbalogan)|
How to access the Kabuhayan Program or How to Apply?
1. Submit the duly filled up Kabuhayan application form
2. Submission of project proposal or business plan approved and signed by the officers of the ACP association, cooperative, people’s organization together with the complete documentary requirements
For more information regarding this program, you may contact or visit the nearest DOLE office in your area.