Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pinay OFW in Kuwait Died in Brutal Death at the Hands of Her Employer

The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) confirms that another Filipina domestic helper in Kuwait died a brutal death in the hands of her employer. The latest victim of an allegedly abusive employer in Kuwait is Constancia Lago Dayag, a 47-year old worker from Agadanan, Isabela.

DOLE Secretary Silvestre Bellow III said that according to the initial report, the Filipina was brought to Al Sabah Hospital on Tuesday night but was declared dead on arrival. It was reported that her body is full of contusions and hematoma. A cucumber had also been inserted in her private parts.Cucumber is also recovered from her private parts.

Bello said that there is a possibility that the victim was sexually and physically abused before she died.

Because of the new incident, Bello said that the Kuwaiti government is responsible for the death of the said OFW.

“I am taking the Kuwaiti government to task for the gruesome death of yet another Filipino worker in the hands of her employer in Kuwait,” he said.

“Aside from apparent violation of the agreement on the protection of OFWs between our government and Kuwait, there appears to have been a breach of the employment contract by the foreign employer.”

DOLE chief condemned Dayag’s killing and ordered the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration and the Philippine Overseas Labor Office in Kuwait to go after the foreign and local agencies that deployed Dayag.

He also expressed his condolences to the bereaved family of the OFW and pledge to do everything to find justice for her death.

Last year, the government of the Philippines ordered a deployment ban of Filipino workers in Kuwait after a series of deaths and abuses. But the deployment ban was lifted after Philippines and Kuwait signed an agreement to protect Filipino migrant workers.

 

 

Add Comment