Due to the changing weather these days, dengue fever is very rampant. Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne tropical disease caused by the dengue virus. It has sent thousands of people to the hospital and cost the lives of the others. This virus is very life-threatening, there is no anti-dengue medicine, but there are some herbal medicines that can help to fight against dengue.
As the saying goes, “Prevention is better than cure.”
Because of the dengue outbreak recently, did you know there are ways to protect yourself and ward off the mosquitoes in a natural way?
Some people find these things in the pharmacy, but some people find it in their yard – the herbal plants.
According to the experts, some herb plants and flowers give off a strong scent that wards off mosquitoes. Here are some of these:
• Sage, Rosemary, and Basil’s extracted oils contain essential oils that repel or kill Anopheles and Culex mosquitoes.
• Peppermint & mint – The strong aroma of mint and peppermint repel mosquitoes. Incorporating the mind with vodka and apple cider vinegar also becomes very effective insect repellents.
• English Lavender — lavender oil hinders a mosquito’s ability to smell.
• Neem Tree and Oregano are effective mosquito repellants.
• The extract of Rosemary, Citronella leaves, Oregano and baby oil to make your own anti-mosquito spray.
The certified data analyst, Wilson Chua used coconut as a cultured larvicide. He got the idea from the other country. They already tried and tested it in some areas in Dagupan and is very effective in killing mosquito larvae.
While the Filipino inventor, Lyle Christian Herbosa, invented a powdered larvicide. You will just mix it in the water and after 2 hours the larvae died. The effectiveness of this powder can last up to 11 months. What’s more, is that this powdered larvicide is not harmful to humans or other animals. Some already tried this in the different places of the country and are also supported by the Technology Application and Promotion Institute (TAPI) DOST.
According to DOST, we should focus on using alternative medicines to ward off these deadly diseases.
What can you say about these?